Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chapter Four Questioning the Media

My earliest memories of listening to the radio are when I was really young and living in California. My grandparents lived in Minnesota and we would drive and visit them. When we weren’t listening to my Raffi tapes we listened to classic rock stations. I don’t remember a favorite song I liked everything I heard. I was around three or four years old. We didn’t battle over the dial or station that we were listening to. If there was a battle it would have been over what tape we were listening to next. I listened to classic rock because that is what my parents listened to.


3) If you could own and manage a commercial radio station, what format would you choose and why?

If I could own and manage a commercial radio station my format would be very listener oriented. I would play variations of rock music such as new wave, punk, and reggae to name a few. Listeners could request what they want to hear. Anything would be played that fit the FCC guidelines. Possibly we would do remote broadcastings at shows and concerts. I would like to do various promotions for concert tickets and band gear. I think this would be a successful station because it would obviously play the best tunes. Also it would be popular because it would truly pay what the listeners wanted to hear.

No comments: