Friday, September 19, 2008

Chapter 5: Questioning the Media

1) Describe your earliest memories of watching television. What was your favorite show? Which shows did your family watch together? Were there shows that you were not allowed to watch? Which ones and why?
My earliest memories of watching television would have to be those Saturday morning cartoons or the Disney channel. I remember I watched a fair amount of television but my parents wouldn’t let me sit in front of the blaring screen all day, so I usually would watch TV in the mornings and after lunch time and the rest of the time I was outside playing. When I was younger I had many favorite shows such as Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I watched shows like Full House with my family. My parents never told me I couldn’t watch a certain show because it wasn’t ever an issue they knew what I was watching at all times.

2) How much television do you watch today? Which programs do you try to watch regularly? What attracts you to your favorite program(s)?

Surprisingly I do not watch that much television. In spite of not watching a large amount of television I do watch the NFL and try to catch a couple of games on Sunday. During the week when I have a little bit of down time and I can’t find anything better to do I will sit down relax and watch a random show on TV, but usually I have to flip through the channels for an hour or so to find something moderately interesting. When I do find something on TV it’s usually something on the Discovery Channel, History Channel, ESPN, or VH1 Classic.

No comments: