Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chapter Seven: Questioning the Media

3) How often do you go to the movie theaters today? How often do you rent movies on video or DVD? Which experience do you prefer and why?

I hardly ever am able to go to the movie theaters today. However, this summer I was able to go to the movie theater many times more than I had expected to. Now that I am back in school I rent more DVDs than I did during the summer. I am not able to go to the movie theater that much because it is so expensive. This summer while I was working I could afford to go to the theater. I prefer to go to the movie theater than renting DVDs. I prefer to go to the theater because if the big screen as opposed to my small TV screen.


4) If you were a Hollywood film producer or executive, what kind of films would you like to see made? What changes would you make in what we see at the movies?

If I were a Hollywood film producer or executive I would like to see films that I enjoy watching to be made. I enjoy comedies and movies that you cannot predict what is going to happen next or the ending. I would like to see more movies made like “Fight Club.” The movie “Fight Club” has its comedic parts mixed with action and it keeps you at the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. I would try to find a way to make movies seen at the movie theater far better than watching it on a TV in your home.

No comments: