Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chapter Three Questioning the Media


Raised on The Stones

1) Who was your first favorite group or singer? How old were you at the time? What was important to you about this music?

When I was in third grade I first began really listening to music. When my parents asked me my favorite band I shocked them and made my dad proud by saying “The Rolling Stones.” My favorite song at the time was “Jumping Jack Flash.” I was around eight or nine years old when this happened to me. I had been introduced to the music by my parents because that’s what they listened to. I used to take my dads tapes and CD's and listen to them in my room. I enjoyed the Rolling Stones because I liked the sound of them and enjoyed singing the songs. It also gave me a connection to my parents.


My Radio Show

2) If you ran a noncommercial campus radio station, what kind of music would you play and why?

If I ran a noncommercial campus radio station I would play songs that you will not hear on any other radio show and music that I enjoy listening to. I have numerous friends in punk bands so I would try and get them some radio time and exposure. I don’t care for those popular Top 40 radio stations that play the same songs every hour. Those songs and most of the time the artists aren’t even remembered in couple years. That is the main reason I would play less mainstream music along with timeless classic rock like The Rolling Stones, The Cars, The Clash, and Dire Straits.

No comments: